Jeri's 101 in 1001

New Post

« Home | Check Out the Peek-a-Boo Task List » | Another Update » | What I've Been Doing Since Memphis » | Back from Memphis - #47 and #65 Done! » | By George! I Think I've Got It! » | No More Scolly Bar! » | More Changes to my Blog » | Oscar Nominations Announced » | #72 Finished » | Blog Updates »

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Writing with POWER


This is the cover of my screenwriting booklet, Writing with POWER.

I started writing it when Mom and I went to Memphis. It kept me busy during the day while she was in class. I continued working on it when we came home and I finally finished it this morning.

While I was homeschooling the boys, I found a writing curriculum that taught students to TOWER their writing. Think, Outline, Write, Edit, Rewrite. I loved the acronym and adapted it a bit for my screenwriting booklet.

The 38 page booklet is a glorified version of notes taken from my favorite screenwriting, or fiction writing, books and is organized into 4 chapters.

Chapter 1 - Ponder your Story
Chapter 2 - Organize your Story
Chapter 3 - Write your Story
Chapter 4 - Evaluate and Rewrite your Story

Now instead of reaching for 20 screenwriting books, I can reach for this one little booklet. It will continue to be a work in progress. As I learn or remember neat little tricks or techniques, they will be added to the booklet. With my booklet finished, at least the POW stages, I can start working on my screenplays again.

2 Comments:

Cool, glad to see you having results for your efforts.

Now, where can we read this POWER pamphlet?????

Neal

 
by Blogger Neal and Barbara Weckworth, at Sun Mar 05, 06:08:00 PM

That sounds like a neat source for quick reference to a lot of information. I like the cover.

 
by Blogger Unknown, at Sun Mar 05, 07:22:00 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home