Jeri's 101 in 1001

New Post

« Home | #84 Try 10 Different Kinds of Beer or Malt Beverag... » | #17 Make 10 Drawings in Perspective - Done! » | #99 Go One Month Without Watching TV - Done! » | #86 Walk 1000 Miles - Update » | #60 Fly a Kite - Complete » | Hmm, Not Working as Planned » | # 80 Eat at a Greek Restaurant - Complete! » | Ready for May » | The First Draft is Shit! » | New Script, New Pressures. »

Friday, July 28, 2006

#78 Make Fried Bread (in memory of Dodo) - Done.

21 Down
80 To Go

I've been busy working on my screenplay lately and haven't been working on my 101 tasks. Bad, Jeri! However, I didn't want to go through the whole month of July without completing one task, so yesterday I thawed out some frozen bread dough balls, the kind you make rolls with, and I fried them up, just like my Granny used to. I was in such a hurry to eat them that I forgot to take pictures. So I did it again this morning only this time I used the canned refrigerator rolls. They were good too. I made sure I took pictures this time, but Blogger doesn't want to play nice today and it won't let me upload the picture. : ( Oh well, take my word for it, they were delicious.

3 Comments:

Ummm Ummm Ummm! Sounds good. Good for you! Bet they got ate up as fast as you could make them too, just like Dodo's did! I tried to upload a picture on a post on Our Kitchen Table the other day and it wouldn't let me either. I haven't tried it again, but it sounds like they have a glitch. Watch Our Kitchen Table for my "in memory of growing up" post as soon as I can get the photo to load.

 
by Blogger Unknown, at Sat Jul 29, 02:22:00 PM

Ah yes the fried bread! I can remember what a treat this was when we came home from school out on the farm on bread baking days. Mom would save some dough back and when she saw the old jeep they used for a school bus coming up the road she would plop them hummers into hot grease for us to have. Just added homemade butter from our cow and it was heaven.

Also, I have had problems with uploading pictures to the blog. This last one took 7 tries over 5 days to get it to take.

Neal

 
by Blogger Neal and Barbara Weckworth, at Sun Aug 06, 12:31:00 PM

HI Jeri, it's been ages! Hope all is well?

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Wed Aug 23, 03:36:00 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home