Jeri's 101 in 1001

New Post

« Home | The First Draft is Shit! » | New Script, New Pressures. » | #76 Make Sopapillas - Completed! » | #97 Reorganize the file cabinet (yuck) - Done! » | Color or Black and White? » | #83 Try 5 Different Cocktails - Complete! » | Tweeking My List Again » | #30 Take 25 photos in Black and White - Done! » | #1 Write 1st screenplay for 2006 - DONE! » | New Trick »

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ready for May


The second screenplay is the biggest thing that I will be working on this month. But to help out, I decided to complete #99 - Go one month without watching TV.

Now, that task is impossible to do 100%. I live with three other people and the TV is on every night. It's on while I cook dinner, it's on while we eat, it's on until we all go to bed. I won't ask everyone else to turn it off, but the two, or three, or four hours between dinner and bed that I usually spend vegging out in front of the tube will be spent doing something a little more productive. That works out to be between 60 and 120 extra hours of productivity for the month of May. I can live with that. So I transfered my Netflix selections over to hubby, cleaned up my work space in the bedroom, cracked my knuckles, clicked my heels three times and now I'm ready for a month of writing.

2 Comments:

I have the same problem. The TV is almost always on - either my husband is watching his beloved sports or my daughter is tuned into one of her cartoon channels. So I just tend to disappear upstairs, and that way I get away from the TV. But it's difficult not to take a peek once in a while.

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Thu May 04, 03:29:00 AM

oops! I've just read an earlier entry and found the link to the progress bars. Ignore first comment

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Thu May 04, 03:33:00 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home