Jeri's 101 in 1001

New Post

« Home | #29 26 Things - Done! » | A couple of new things » | #74 Try Ten Different Coffees - Done! » | Writing with POWER » | Check Out the Peek-a-Boo Task List » | Another Update » | What I've Been Doing Since Memphis » | Back from Memphis - #47 and #65 Done! » | By George! I Think I've Got It! » | No More Scolly Bar! »

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

#96 Do Spring Cleaning on the Computer - Done!


9 Down
Only 92 To Go

Today, I spent the entire day cleaning up my computer.
I deleted a a couple of programs that we no longer use,
Cleaned up My Documents and got rid of a bunch of files left over from home schooling,
Cleaned up the Shared Files,
Cleaned up the Desktop,
Cleaned and sorted my Email and Bookmarks,
Ran Scandisk,
Ran Defrag,
Then I bought and downloaded a program called Registry Mechanic. It searches the computer for file fragments that are left over from deleted files and all sorts of little nuisances. I ran it and it found, YIKES, 971 problems! It corrected them and now my computer doesn't give me a nasty error message every time I turn it on, and it seems to start up and run a lot faster. Yeah!

Not a bad days work, but now I reeeally need to stretch.

5 Comments:

hi there,

I found your blog on the Triplux site.
I am just starting up on the 101 things project and I am still setting up my new blog for it. i noticed you have a link to click on so your full list can be seen. can you please tell me how you did that as I think it's a fanastic way to 'hide' the list and not have it on constant display in the side bar. Hope you don't mind my asking you this favour.

Thanks. Please leave a response on the lastest entry on my blog.

www.pilgrimagetoself.blogspot.com

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Sat Apr 01, 06:22:00 AM

thank you so much for your response Jeri. Very kind of you. I will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes.

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Sun Apr 02, 11:32:00 AM

Hi Jeri,

FINALLY have it up and running. Thanks for all the tips. My knowledge has increased by at least 1000%. My blog dedicated to this project is

www.hundredandonethings.blogspot.com

It's not fully functional yet, but drop by anytime. Have a great week!!

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Mon Apr 03, 12:49:00 AM

Hi Jeri,

Just to say I couldn't get the bullets to work on my template. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Tue Apr 04, 06:29:00 AM

Hi Pilgrim,
I left a comment on your site about your bullets, but it didn't show up again. Is it because you monitor your comments and they don't show up until you approve them? Or, maybe I'm just clicking on the wrong button.

If you didn't get the comment, I hope you come back to read this so you don't think I ignored you.

In short - I checked your source code and it doesn't look like you did anything wrong. I noticed that you don't have bullets in front of your links either, so it may be because bullets aren't included in the style section of your template. I'm not sure. I've never made changes to the style section so I don't know how to change that. You might try Blogger Help and see if they have tips on the style section. Sorry I'm not more help.

Also, while I was checking out your code, I noticed Cashflow 101. It's expensive, but a lot of fun and a safe way to learn about investing. It's kindof like Monopoly on steroids. My youngest (17 yo) and I play. He always beats me. I guess that's a good thing.

Great list, good luck with your tasks. Feel free to come back and visit anytime. It's nice to meet a fellow 101er.

Jeri

 
by Blogger Jeri, at Tue Apr 04, 10:55:00 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home