Jeri's 101 in 1001

New Post

« Home | #96 Do Spring Cleaning on the Computer - Done! » | #29 26 Things - Done! » | A couple of new things » | #74 Try Ten Different Coffees - Done! » | Writing with POWER » | Check Out the Peek-a-Boo Task List » | Another Update » | What I've Been Doing Since Memphis » | Back from Memphis - #47 and #65 Done! » | By George! I Think I've Got It! »

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

#12 See the Oscar Nominated Movies... - Done!


10 Tasks Completed
91 To Go

I have now seen all of the Oscar nominated movies for Best Picture or Best Original Screenplay since 1990, with the exception of the three 2005 nominees that have not been released on DVD yet - Syriana, Munich and Matchpoint, but since they were added to the list after January 1st, I'm considering this task complete.

I thought this was going to be a bigger task than it was. 15 years, 2 categories and 5 movies in each category comes to 150 movies, minus the few times that movies were nominated for both categories. But when I wrote them all down, there were only about 30 movies that I hadn't seen yet.

I'm happy to say that there were a few surprises left. Passion Fish, Il Postino and Billy Elliot were among my favorites. Deconstructing Harry was surprisingly good as well. I say surprisingly because I'm normally not a big Woody Allen fan, but that one was pretty good. I hear Matchpoint is his best work yet. I guess I'll find out. And I'm glad I gave Moulin Rouge another look. The first time I saw it, I started in the middle and gave up within a few minutes. The "Silly Love Songs" make more sense when you start at the beginning and know what's going on.

4 Comments:

HI jeri, well done. You seem to be whizzing through your list.

Just to say I am not really sure why your comments are not showing up on my blog. Although I do have word verification turned on, I don't have to approve them before the show up. Never the less I'll check out my settings again to see that I haven't clicked anything I shouldn't have.
I really appreciate all your help!

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Thu Apr 06, 12:20:00 AM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Fri Apr 07, 08:35:00 AM

I've just tried to leave the code for how I created the pullquotes on my blog that you liked, but it's not allowing me to. Is there any other way I can send it to you? Shall I do a post with the code?

 
by Blogger Pilgrimage to Self, at Fri Apr 07, 08:36:00 AM

Love it when I can scratch one off the list. Congrats! That was a big one to get out of the way!

 
by Blogger Unknown, at Tue Apr 11, 05:33:00 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home