Jeri's 101 in 1001

New Post

« Home | #97 Reorganize the file cabinet (yuck) - Done! » | Color or Black and White? » | #83 Try 5 Different Cocktails - Complete! » | Tweeking My List Again » | #30 Take 25 photos in Black and White - Done! » | #1 Write 1st screenplay for 2006 - DONE! » | New Trick » | #12 See the Oscar Nominated Movies... - Done! » | #96 Do Spring Cleaning on the Computer - Done! » | #29 26 Things - Done! »

Friday, April 28, 2006

#76 Make Sopapillas - Completed!


15 Tasks Finished
86 Tasks Remaining

One more task completed this month. I made tacos and sopapillas last night for dinner. I got the grease for the sopapillas too hot and tried to burn my house down. Just kidding. No fire just a lot of smoke. I'm glad we have an attic fan. Once I got the grease thing figured out, they made a real tasty treat. I haven't made them in years. I don't know why, I love these things.

I remember the first time I had sopapillas. I think the restaurant was called Casa Bonita, in Denver, Colorado back in 19... Never mind, we won't go there. But it was a very cool place. Part restaurant, part carnival or something, very entertaining. Anyone else remember that?

Here's a link to a Sopapilla recipe if you're interested. I cut this recipe in half and it was plenty for four people.

4 Comments:

Ahh! The Casa Bonita! Boy do I remember that place. Every visitor that came to see us had to go there to eat.

One week alone we ate there three times taking new visitors.

The Casa Bonita is still in business and the food is just as good as it was in the beginning. The sopapillas were just wonderful there.

Neal

 
by Blogger Neal and Barbara Weckworth, at Sat Apr 29, 07:16:00 AM

Oh, cool! I'm glad to hear they're still in business. It was a neat place.

 
by Blogger Jeri, at Sat Apr 29, 08:52:00 AM

I remember Casa Bonita too. Didn't they have divers? Tanned, muscular, bikini clad men diving from a cliff inside the restaurant.... And they had really good sopapillas too! :)
That was a fun place to go.

 
by Blogger Unknown, at Sat Apr 29, 10:00:00 AM

Yep, that's the place. Yummy weren't they? : )

 
by Blogger Jeri, at Sat Apr 29, 11:18:00 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home